Monday, January 9, 2017

January, the month of Tzeentch!

I spend a lot of time painting and building over the last weeks of last year. So much that I did not update the blog. That means more text for January, expect a few big updates on my Age of Sigmar terrain later on. For now, it is a second unit of Warriors of Chaos, this time with the mark of Tzeentch. With the Warhammer Community announcement of Tzaanuary I focused on Tzeentch.

Ten followers of Tzeentch march in, ready to kill.
I think this kit is from around 2007-2008 and it is getting rather old. You have an out of the box choice between two weapons or a weapon and shield combination and (in this case) a finecast two handed weapon upgrade. What you don't have is a lot of liberty in posing the models. On the plus side, it makes painting a unit like this easy and fast. All horns where removed from the helmets on general principle. 

The airbrush works like a charm on the cloaks of these models.
For the colors I picked blue cloaks and bronze armor with a bit of verdigris. I used the head of a 40K mutant (I think) on one of the models and the bare head on the musician (whose axe-blade broke off during painting). The leader of the unit has the head of a small dragon/large lizard. The rather ridiculous horn from the Chaos Knights kit fell out of the bits box and I felt like having some fun. The banner holds a (Ravenwing) book and a baleful eye freehand. Next step is releasing these guys on a battlefield somewhere, and getting ready to own one of the new plastic Daemons of Tzeentch.

No comments:

Post a Comment