Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Take the kiswa maker hook and ride Squeek-Hulud like a leader of ratmen!

Yeah the 'conversion' that had to happen, has happened. Egged on by regular readers Toby and Lasgunpacker I looked around for a kiswa hook, settled for superglue (I'm short on Arrakis Fremen gear) and made one spare Skaven ride Squeek-Hulud like a leader of ratmen. Frightened squeels and regular spraying of the musk of fear have not been included with this picture. 

Polish comes from the cities, wisdom from the desert and Hell Pit Abominations come from the Hell Pit.

I recently assembled a Skaven Plague Claw kit (to be blogged about later). This wonderful kit build either a Plague Claw (catapult) or a Warp Lightning Cannon. Among its leftover part are one or two complete Skaven (depending on how many you glue to the original model). I thought this model holding a spy glass would fit wonderfully on the back of the Hell Pit Abomination I recently finished. So Squeek-Hulud is no longer just a pun, but an actual force to be reckoned with. 

“I hold at your neck the gom jab...wait don't ride off on your monster! Come back here!"

I actually can't really blab in too much detail about this job. Its a basic Skaven with a basic paint job on a model I've already talked about at length. All I can add is that I actually got around to spraying a thin layer of Fluo Green around all the warpstone spikes sticking from the Hell Pit Abomination. It adds that extra sickening layer to an already disgusting monster. Still it does work wonders as an addition to the model. 

Squeeeee! 

Small update, I couldn't resist adding a rider to the other Hell Pit Abomination too. So here he is.

14 comments:

  1. Great fun conversion. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, and I am sure that they can serve as a small snack as needed too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say eating an entire abomination is quite a big bite....oh wait...I wouldn't last a second in the average Skaven hive ;)

      Delete
  3. I take no responsibility for that skaven being eaten or becoming the mouse of the desert! As all skaven know, fear is the bladder-killer. It's a really good choice of rider. The pointing and the telescope really work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a telescope like that he can't say he didn't see it coming. Assuming he wasn't screaming 'I will kill him,' to begin with.

      Delete
    2. Just as long as Sting's space pants aren't involved...

      Delete
    3. I can't believe I forgot about those. Will they bring them back for the current movies?

      Delete
  4. Very cool conversion, and well executed! Congrats on your results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the additions! Particularly that one with the telescope! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wondering where you got the alternative sculpts printed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked my brother nicely, he has a resin 3D-printer with a rather gigantic build plate.

      Delete