Thursday, September 23, 2021

The running of the peasants

In my humble opinion one of the most awesome models by GW in recent years was a running peasant addon to the plastic giant sprue (the giant on the other hand, more of an acquired taste). As I'm inching closer to hosting Bloodbath at Orruk's Drift I am in need of nine fleeing civilians. I have a tied up dwarf slayer on my shelf (it's a model, don't call the police). I also have the plastic giant on sprue which gavae me access to one running peasant. Using the power of 3D-printing I recently added two running peasants from a freebie STL. Now I can present you with: the running of the peasants. 

"Sire, the peasants are revolting."
"You said it. They stink on ice!"

The 3D printed STL peasants lacked a bit of the detail I've gotten used to in GW faces, so I had to improvise a bit while adding paint. On the plus side I had a very good day painting eyes. And the slightly malformed faces look unintentionally hilarious (in my very humble opinion). I'm especially pleased with how the guy in the red coat turned out. A running bartender is making his way through the mystique of resin printing as I write this. Now all I need is an STL featuring running women. Unfortunately most female STL miniatures seem to be drawn by especially hot and bothered sixteen year old boys (spiritually at least). I'll keep trying. Hopefully I'll find some suitable models to complete the set before I host Bloodbath, otherwise I'll just add more male peasants...



2 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun project. I think they tie in together quite well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look so appropriately sorry on the tabletop. I have to make more scenario's with fleeing civilians now :)

      Delete